Office location: London/ Hybrid
Woo is a first-of-its-kind, feelgood media platform and marketplace, on a mission to turn generation anxious into generation zen. Brought to you by ITV, we make wellness discoverable, aspirational and culturally relevant - through the lens of entertainment, products and storytelling.
We engage our audience with their passion points - music, fashion, activism and culture - all through a wellness lens. We take unconventional practices that are designed to improve the human experience, align them with cultural icons and deliver them in a way that feels desirable and relatable. Documentaries, reality series, endorphin-releasing videos, audio and beyond.
The Editorial Assistant plays a key role in supporting editorial by sourcing stories and ideas about new developments in the world and applying Woo’s positive, optimistic and inspirational tone to creating content that makes an impact.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- News-gathering and researching for articles, transcribing interviews and writing content including interviews.
- Writing engaging copy that aligns with Woo’s tone of voice and brand values.
- Producing 1-2 news stories per day.
- Producing features and shopping stories on an ad hoc basis.
- Collaborating with our Design Team to align imagery with copy.
- Developing original Woo-focused ways of covering current affairs with focus on fashion, politics, celebrity, climate, health and wellness.
- Assisting the head of editorial and rest of the editorial team with various administrative tasks.
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience writing or copywriting for a digital lifestyle brand.
- Experience using CMS systems e.g. Wordpress.
- A love of, and genuine interest in, wellness and youth culture.
- The ability to quickly digest and analyse editorial content and use online and offline media to source original Woo-angled stories.
- A positive attitude with ambition to succeed in a growing business.
- A natural ability to collaborate with others and thrive under pressure.
- A drive for personal and professional growth, incorporating constructive feedback to develop output and skills.
- Comfortable working to deadlines for creative content.
- ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from disabled people and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you are disabled, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage* (minimum criteria above).
We're happy to discuss any support/ personalisation you may need during our application & selection process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So, we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything... our email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about our benefits http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer Smart working and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance.
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do.
- There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.