office Location: London
Woo (by ITV) is a new generation digital media brand and marketplace redefining wellness. We make mental health and wellbeing discoverable, aspirational and culturally relevant.
Woo aims to engage with Gen Z (and Gen Y) with their passion points: music, fashion, activism and culture but through a wellness lens. We take un-conventional practices that are designed to improve the human experiences, align them with cultural icons and deliver it in a way that feels accessible, relatable and desirable. Think documentaries, reality series, and endorphins releasing videos, audio and beyond.
The content proposition is matched with a marketplace of curated consumer products designed to make you feel good, across categories such as apparel, supplements, homewares, tech and beauty.
Let’s turn generation anxious into generation zen.
An exciting opportunity has opened to join the Woo Marketplace Category team. Woo is a new generation cultural media brand, underpinned by a marketplace launching in 2022.
Woo is designed to make wellness discoverable, aspirational and culturally relevant through entertainment, products and storytelling for a Gen Z audience. The marketplace will provide physical solutions to this, creating a space which makes wellness discoverable, aspirational and culturally relevant for Generation Z. The marketplace is a curation of products designed to make Gen Z and Y feel good.
The Category Manager is a pivotal hire to lead the category strategy for WOO Marketplace and continued commercial growth.
The Category Manager will be responsible for executing and delivering our strategy across the marketplace and own brand as well as identifying the key pillars of growth and the path to achieve the revenue targets.
what you'll be doing
- Analysis of category performance and implementing successful category growth initiatives.
- You’ll be responsible for developing and executing the WOO category strategy across marketplace brands, own brand & product collaborations.
- You’ll lead assortment planning, at Brand and Product level across marketplace and own brand.
- You and your team will be responsible for sourcing the best brands for our customers and ensuring that we unlock the right product opportunities across individual and multi brands.
- You’ll negotiate terms of business and drive commercial partnership opportunities with brands.
- You will work directly with our brands on strategic projects such as Category Vision, Range Reviews, Sector Deep Dives, etc.
- Passionate about team development- leading, managing and mentoring a team of Account Managers & Buyers.
- You’ll be responsible for building commercial own-brand ranges with the product development team; ensuring key metrics of profitability and sales are hit.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Prior experience in one of the following roles or similar - Category Manager, Senior Buyer, Buying Manager, Product Development Manager, ideally within fashion or lifestyle.
- Proven track record of strategic commercial planning and the successful execution of those strategies.
- You have experience in building commercially successful ranges for ecommerce.
- You will have a clear understanding of the category planning process and are able to analyse category performance and implement successful category growth initiatives.
- You are able to build strong commercial relationships and communicate clearly and simply.
- You have strong analytical skills meaning you work efficiently and, in a goal-orientated way & with a strong sense of business.
- ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from disabled people and as a Disability Confident Leader if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you are disabled, we’ll guarantee you’ll get to the next stage* (minimum criteria above).
We're happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application & selection process as part of our reasonable adjustments approach. So, we encourage you to get in touch with us if you require anything... our email is email@example.com.
Find out more about our benefits http://www.itvjobs.com/why-join-us/benefits/
We want to be the most flexible employer in Media. We offer smart working, and we will support you and provide you the right environment and work/ life balance.
We reach millions of people everyday, that’s why having diverse talents and being an organisation where colleagues feel included is crucial to us. We have various networks who celebrate and support our colleagues. We try to embed an inclusive mindset in everything we do.
- There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.